Lilly is now 8 months old and she is a very happy baby! She is also a very light baby, she only weighs 17lbs 4oz. When Logan was around her age he weighed around 20lbs and he was also considered a light baby.
She eats around 20 - 25oz of formula a day and has 3 small meals (about 1-2oz each meal) of baby food.
She eats around 20 - 25oz of formula a day and has 3 small meals (about 1-2oz each meal) of baby food.
Lilly still wakes up at night to eat, she goes to bed at 8:00p.m. earlier if she hasn't napped alot threw out the day then has a bottle around 11:00p.m. and sleeps until around 5:00a.m. then wakes up to eat and back to sleep until 6:00a.m. sometimes 6:30a.m. if we are lucky.
She hasn't gotten any teeth yet, Logan got his first tooth when he was about 7 months 3 weeks, so we expect that it should start soon. I sure will miss that gummy smile!
Lilly has been very funny about solid food, she wont touch them in the morning, nope no breakfast for her (just like her daddy) and with all the jarred baby food she turns her nose up to them. So I have been making my own baby food for a while now and that is working out nicely, her favorites are Avocado and Squash. But lately she has been making it a point to let us know that she wants what WE are eating and only that! Its great because she eats a LOT more including breakfast and she really enjoys the new flavors, the other day I made Veggie Meat Loaf with Sweet Potato's and Broccoli and she loved it all.
Lilly likes to chatter on most of the day and besides saying Dada and Mama she says baba (bottle) and is working on Grandma, but its a mouth full. She love to blow raspberries and gets baby slobber all over herself.
Her new favorite thing to do is when Logan is close by and not looking she grabs a handful of his hair and yanks it hard, this causes Logan to scream and then she laughs and screams back at him, its really funny to watch, but I don't think Logan is going to put up with it much longer.
Logan and Lilly play a game together now, Logan rolls a big bouncy ball to Lilly and if she is sitting she will use her feet to kick it back to him, this causes her to laugh uncontrollably. If we are holding her so she can stand, she will pick up the ball and throw it back to Logan (its not a big throw, it usually just drops and rolls away a little bit). Logan is so sweet to take the time to play with his little sister.
Lilly is making attempts at crawling thanks to Daddy's help, she love doing this and I don't think it will be much longer till she is mobile. Its a good thing I have already baby proofed the house, all I need to do now is get my baby gates from my sister in laws place to lock off the kitchen, then Lilly is free to explore all she wants.
I am sure there is so much more I could tell you about how Lilly is doing, but now I think I have already written a lot, so on with the Photos! By the way, all the photos below were taken by Logan, he loves taking photos!
Lilly likes to chatter on most of the day and besides saying Dada and Mama she says baba (bottle) and is working on Grandma, but its a mouth full. She love to blow raspberries and gets baby slobber all over herself.
Her new favorite thing to do is when Logan is close by and not looking she grabs a handful of his hair and yanks it hard, this causes Logan to scream and then she laughs and screams back at him, its really funny to watch, but I don't think Logan is going to put up with it much longer.
Logan and Lilly play a game together now, Logan rolls a big bouncy ball to Lilly and if she is sitting she will use her feet to kick it back to him, this causes her to laugh uncontrollably. If we are holding her so she can stand, she will pick up the ball and throw it back to Logan (its not a big throw, it usually just drops and rolls away a little bit). Logan is so sweet to take the time to play with his little sister.
Lilly is making attempts at crawling thanks to Daddy's help, she love doing this and I don't think it will be much longer till she is mobile. Its a good thing I have already baby proofed the house, all I need to do now is get my baby gates from my sister in laws place to lock off the kitchen, then Lilly is free to explore all she wants.
I am sure there is so much more I could tell you about how Lilly is doing, but now I think I have already written a lot, so on with the Photos! By the way, all the photos below were taken by Logan, he loves taking photos!

0 comments:
Post a Comment