I have been working on ways to save us money, we have cut cost in a few places here and there and I am working on more.
I then had a thought about diapers and decided to look up some information on savings by switching to cloth diapers. What I came across blew my mind.
Below is taken from an article called "Disposable Diapers Contain Dangerous Poisons That Can Harm Your Baby"
"Disposable diapers are made of a large number of artificial materials such as polyethylene film for the plastic shell of the diaper, polyester (for the porous top sheet of the diaper) polypropylene (for the diaper liner), pulp fluff from chlorine-treated wood pulp (which produces dioxin, a cancer-causing substance as by-product), sodium polyacrylate (toxic super absorbent gel), oil and potentially allergic resin, hazardous perfume, and other harmful chemicals like tributyltin."
"Some of these substances can cause extensive harm to baby - from painful rashes and asthma to infertility and cancer in adult life."
Also disposible Diapers are not good for the enviroment and we should all do a little something for our planet.
So from the above information and other research I decided that we needed to switch Lilly to Cloth Diapers. So I went on line to reseach what I would need to start cloth diapering, again my mind was blown, its no longer the cloth diapers from when my mom had us kids, no now there are so many types, Pre-fold, Pocket, All in ones... its crazy and I had no idea what one was best.
I went and looked at G-Diapers, I used these before when Logan was around 1 1/2, but now they have a new product they are offering.... cloth inserts! So they were perfect for our family and we went out and got all our supplies. It was a little costly, but we will be saving a huge amount of money in the long run (approx $2000.00) and I am happy I dont have to go out and buy diapers anymore or worry I will run out in the middle of the night.
Lilly has taken to the cloth diapers with no problem, the cloth inserts are super soft and the diaper covers are so cute and I am loving using them.

0 comments:
Post a Comment