WELCOME LILLY LONDON

Saturday, July 17, 2010
Thank you all for waiting so patiently for me to update my Blog. I have as promised put A LOT of photos up and for all of those who asked, I will tell the story of Lilly's arrival and the days that followed.

We arrived at St Rose Dominican Hospital at 7:30am, Mom, David and I. I get checked in and I am told that they will not allow my mother to be in the room during the C-Section as I am promised. Oh man I could have burst into tears right then and there, but I held it together and gave my mom a hug and kiss and sent her to the waiting room.


So David and I go into Triage and I get dressed in the hospitals lovely gown and hop into bed. They then try to get an IV hooked up, it took 5 times to get one in and David’s hand was crushed by how hard I was holding it. They were not gentle and apparently one of the attempts ended up with a giant bubble in the back of my hand and another try had me shooting blood onto the nurse who was trying to get the IV in.

After the IV drama, David was a little pissed off and also not feeling so well. What most people don’t know is David had sinus surgery just 2 days before my C-Section and was still recovering and also had Antibiotics for an infection, Percocet for the pain and Steroids for the inflammation and unfortunately was draining blood from the sinuses to his stomached… yuck! So it was expected that he wasn’t feeling so hot and so he left the room for a bit and my mother came in to sit by my side while I met with the Anesthesiologist.

The Anesthesiologist was a great guy; he was born in England and raised in New Zealand then ended up moving here is Las Vegas, NV… I never found out why, but he had a cool accent and was just so very nice. He explained what was going to happen and made me feel really comfortable about everything! I sure needed that!

Soon David came back feeling great and my mom went back to the waiting room, next step was the Shave!!! Oh my god, I thought they would wait until I was on the operating table for this, but noooo…. The nurse said spread um and away she went shaving off all the hair below…

My Doctor, Dr. Leon arrived just before 9:30am and came in to check on me, she is the Best Doctor ever!!! We talked about how I was doing the she reassured me that I was going to be fine and that this will go perfectly! I told her about the situation with my mom and she said she would look into it for me.

The nurse then asks David to get dressed in this hospital issued overalls and hat and they give me a little hat to put on as well, oh and they put these cuffs on each of my legs, pressure cuffs to prevent blood clots and stuff.




OH BOY HERE WE GO… I am then told that we are going to take a walk to the operating room…. Oh man I am nervous at this point. So this is the last walk I will take for a few days so I take it nice and slow.

I arrive in the OR and I am greeted by another nurse and my Anesthesiologist and we start the Spinal Block, now with Logan I had an Epidural and it took 6 or more sticks with the needle before they got it correctly in my back, so I was about to jump off the table and make a run for it when my Anesthesiologist told me to lean forward and hold on to my nurse, but man this guy was amazing, one stick to numb and then another stick that I didn’t really feel and they had me numb. I did have some weird electric shock like feelings down my left leg, but that was it and I was numb and laid out on the table.



They then brought David in and also my Doctor came in to, she had made arrangements for my mom to go with the baby to the nursery and David could stay with me the whole time. This was great news to me!

During the C-Section I just looked at David, he held my hand and I just tried to relax. I don’t think we really talked that much, just kept smiling at each other and I could see David was already getting misty eyed. My Doctor let us know that she was almost out and my Anesthesiologist asked if we wanted him to video tape it for us, using are camera…. Oh yes!! He took the camera and we waited to here our little girls first cry!

Lilly London arrived at 9:57am and yelled her loudest! She sounded so angry and David and I laughed and cried at the same time. My Doctor then showed me Lilly over the screen and she looked so beautiful and bloody!

Lilly was taken over to the side of the room to get cleaned up and they told David he could go over and be with her, he also got to cut the cord.





After they cleaned her up and bundled her up nice and warm they brought her over for me to see, ohh I cried and cried!




The nurses took Lilly to the Baby nursery and told me I would see her in an hour and David and I relaxed and talked about if she was a London Lilly or Lilly London, everyone in the operating room had a vote too.


While Lilly was in the Baby nursery they bathed her weighed and measured her.

Lilly London Suesan Jensen
Born July 9, 2010
at 9:57 a.m.
Weight 8 pounds
19 1/2 Inches Long
Brown hair with a red tint
Blue eyes





I was taken back to triage to be observed and once we got there David took off to spend some time with his daughter and I became a human punching bag, my stomach was pushed and pushed and pushed… My mom came and hung out with me, we talked about Lilly and her dark hair tinted red and her blue eyes and how she is 8 pounds!

David arrived with Lilly almost an hour later, announcing we had a hungry little girl, she really was, she was frantic about getting something to eat.




Soon everyone came to visit, Grace brought Logan but we didn't get any photos.
Then later in the day Grace brought Scott over too.

Uncle Scott

Aunt Grace


Christine and Kassandra came for a visit, later that night she brought Tom as well, another person we didn't get a photo of.

Aunt Christine


I am not sure how long we stayed down in the Triage area, so many women had babies that day that we were waiting for others to get discharged so we could have a room. Its didn't matter, the rest of the day was a blur, we had our little Lilly, she was happy and healthy and that was all that mattered.


Day 2...... July 10, 2010

This is where David got to sleep, isn't he cute!


Awwww our little Lilly!!!!


Grace and Mom brought Logan to visit the next day, oh it was great, Logan was so excited and wanted to hold his little sister right away. He gave her lots of hugs and kisses!!








Finally a photo of Grandma and Lilly!



We were giving a Celebration Dinner by the hospital, man it was really good for Hospital food. David had the Steak and Shrimp and I had the Pasta. Yummy!!



We had a very nice room with a view of the Las Vegas strip.


On Sunday July 11, 2010 at around noon we checked out of the hospital... Oh I was so happy to be going home to be with my son, my daughter and my husband.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.