Today was a Big Adventure for us.... Flying to Florida!
Automobile: We took a Taxi to the airport, this was Logan's and Lilly's first time in a Taxi and Logan was so excited about it, I was supposed to take a photo, but I we got kinda rushed with all we had to do. It was a great ride to the airport, our driver was a great guy.
Trains: Once we got to the airport, we got our baggage checked in and our tickets. The hard part of this adventure was getting through the airport, security and to our gate with Lilly, Logan, a full backpack, a car seat, My mom, and all her stuff! I had a backpack strapped to my back, a baby carrier with Lilly in it strapped to my front, Logan holding my hand and Mom with her backpack, her computer bag and a car seat! We got through security pretty well, I was told that I could keep Lilly in the baby carrier when going through security, but I was going to be subject to a very in depth pat down! I agreed to take Lilly out! Once through security we found that there is a tram that would take us to our gate, thank god! I sure didn't want to walk all that way!!
Airplane: We got to our gate C2 at 3:44pm, we had 1 hour until our flight was due to leave, perfect time to change Lilly's diaper, restroom break for Logan and I and then to pick up some dinner. As I am in line buying some food, my mom calls me to say they are boarding the plane... ahhh crap!! I rush back with both kids and food, we grab our stuff and get in line. My mom had asked when we arrived to pre-board and they agreed that she would get to, as my mom walked up to pre-board, the kids and I stood aside to wait for our turn to be called after the A's had been seated. But my mom worked her magic and we were allowed to pre-board with her, I was so happy about this since I had to get Lilly's car seat installed and was hoping to sit near mom so she could watch the kids while I did that. So it all worked out in our favor!!
Logan loves to fly, he has flown a few times already, but this was Lilly's first time on a plane and she is also just recovering from a very bad ear infection. I was a little worried about how it would go for her.
Both kids did great!!! Lilly only had a little pain when we were landing and it was eased with a bottle to help with the pressure.
As we exited the plane I was told by the woman who sat in the row behind us that I had great children and they were so well behaved and what a great mother I am! *Blush* Yeah I have some great kids!!!
On our way to the tram
Logan, Lilly and I taking a tram ride through the airport...
What a big Boy
we are ready to go....
The changing table in the airplane was so small, it was the same size as Lilly head to toe, the bathroom is also very small making diaper changing more fun!
Logan watching a movie and enjoying the flight.
Here is Lilly reading all about the 737 that we are on
She is really into this...
Fast asleep....
Logan fast asleep, but it sure doesn't look very comfortable!

0 comments:
Post a Comment